Depuis 2017 je suis responsable de faire le lien avec les différents acteurs du traitement des eaux en Suisse Romande: STEPs, bureaux d'ingénieurs, autorités cantonales, associations telles que le GRESE, l'ARPEA, etc. En cas de besoin (expertise, demande de collaboration, etc.), n'hésitez pas à me contacter. L'Eawag sera heureux de vous apporter son soutien!
I hold a MS of Process Engineering from the National Polytechnical Institute of Grenoble (INPG, France, 2005) and a PhD in Environmental Science (INSA, University of Toulouse, France, 2008). During my PhD, I focused on understanding the mechanisms of microbial competition between autotrophic and heterotrophic bacteria in nitrifying biofilms. I joined the Advanced Water Management Centre (University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia) in January 2009 as Research Officer in the ARC funded research project on Sewer Biotransformation and Modeling. Since September 2009, I am researcher at EAWAG in the Process Engineering Department. My research interests include the biological treatment of wastewater (biofilm systems, granular sludge system), the decentralized production of drinking water (e.g. gravity-driven membrane filtration) and excess sludge reduction.
- Biofilm and granular sludge systems: Monitoring biofilm development in-situ in reactors and distribution systems, biofilm/granules physical structure, biofilm/granules microbial structure, process development, mathematical modelling.
- Resource recovery: carbon capture (advanced pre-treatment such micro-sieving) and conversion into valuable product (anaerobic digestion without biogas for the production of acids, conversion of acids into long-chain polymers).
- Membrane systems and biofouling: biofilm structure formation on membrane surfaces during gravity-driven dead-end ultrafiltration, influence of predation on biofilm structure, influence of biofouling on the permeate quality.
- Excess sludge reduction: endogenous process at low ORP, sludge biodegradability, hydrolysis process.
- Development of imaging tools and image analysis: Optical Coherence Tomography, stereomicroscopy, home-made programs for the quantification of the physical biofilm properties.
- Interdisciplinary SNFS project on "BIOMEMBRA: Biofilms growing on membranes: linking physical structure and microbial ecology with permeate quality and flux". 426 kCHF. 2013-2016. PIs: E.Morgenorth (Eawag) and J.Pernthaler (LS-UZH). Co-PIs: J.Blom (LS-UZH) and N.Derlon (Eawag).
- SNSF project on " aerobic granular sludge for wastewater treatment: from microbial ecology to application". PIs: C.Holliger (EPFL). Co-PIs: E.Morgenroth and N.Derlon.
- Responsible for linking with engineering practice in Western Switzerland. Feel free to contact me if you have any request.
- Associate editor for Water Science&Technology: Water Supply. For the IWA Specialized Conference on Biofilms in Drinking Water Systems: From Treatment to Tap (Arosa, Switzerland, 23-26th August, 2015).
- Associate editor for Water Science&Technology (Since 2016)
- Chair of the organizing committee and member of the scientific committee of the IWA Specialized Conference on Biofilms in Drinking Water Systems: From Treatment to Tap (Arosa, Switzerland, 23-26th August, 2015).