Research Scientist, Head Molecular Environmental Geochemistry
- Speciation and fate of trace elements and phosphorus in natural and engineered environments
- Nanoparticle formation and its impact on contaminant and nutrient dynamics
- Influence of variable redox conditions on trace element behavior
- Element speciation by synchrotron-based X-ray absorption spectroscopy
- Diffuse phosphorus input into surface waters (P-TRAP). Use of iron solids for P trapping.
- Sorption of thallium to illite and birnessite and its impact on the solubility of thallium in soils.
- Behaviour of metals in the urban water cycle (PI Ralf Kaegi, Eawag)
- Redox properties of iron minerals (PI Thomas Hofstetter, Eawag)
- Biogeochemistry of Trace Elements (masters level, ETH Zurich, 701-1315-00L)
- Practical Course Biogeochemistry - Part Trace Elements (bachelor level, ETH Zurich, 701-0420-01L)