Our group follows an interdisciplinary research agenda focused on biogeochemical processes in continental waters. We combine chemical sensors, tracer techniques and modelling to address topics such as
- the reaction of large lakes and river systems to environmental change,
- the role of oxic-anoxic boundaries on carbon an nutrient cycles,
- sustainable strategies for the management of surface waters.
We teach several courses at ETH Zurich,
- biogeochemistry and environmental chemistry,
- field and lab courses on aquatic systems,
- graduate seminar in environmental policy.