The Eawag postdoctoral fellowship position aims at offering outstanding young scientists with exciting research ideas the possibility for a two year research position at Eawag to strengthen their research career towards becoming independent scientists. Each year there is a call for a proposal submission, which includes a research plan, reference letters and a recommendation letter by one of the research department heads at Eawag.
Highly qualified individuals are invited to apply for the fellowship to conduct research in any field in the area of aquatic science and technology. Eawag focuses on cutting-edge research that is driven by the needs of society and leads to significant advances in the aquatic sciences. Innovative approaches and technologies for the sustainable management and use of water are developed through collaborations among natural and social scientists and engineers. The postdoctoral fellow will be hosted within one of Eawag’s 12 Research Departments.
Selection of the postdoctoral fellow will be based on his or her academic record and his or her description of a research project to be conducted at Eawag.
Qualified candidates have been granted a doctoral degree not more than 2 years before the application deadline and have no previous collaborations with Eawag researchers. Candidates who do not fulfil these conditions will be disqualified for the award.
The candidate’s application must include:
- a brief letter of application that includes the title of the proposed postdoctoral project
- a brief abstract (not to exceed 250 words) written for a reader who is not an expert in the topic. The letter should also identify the Research Department that the candidate would be an appropriate host for the project.
- a curriculum vitae including a list of publications
- a description of a research project to be conducted at Eawag (3 pages, including references)
- names and contact information for two academic references